Become an EMT in 18 Days
About the EMT Boot Camp Program
Prepare For Your Future! National EMS Institute’s scenario based EMT Boot Camp Program will prepare you to provide emergency medical care to victims of accidents and sudden illness. Students will develop skills in symptom recognition, emergency care procedures and techniques considered to be within the responsibilities of an EMT. Emergency Medical Technicians provide routine and emergency medical care with an ambulance service. Ambulances are not the only place you will find EMT’s. They are also authorized to work in hospitals and on Fire Departments! Becoming an EMT is the first step towards becoming a Paramedic.
Our EMT Boot Camp program runs Monday-Friday from 9AM-5PM for our traditional 18 Day course. The EMT Boot Camp is a fast-paced, hands on program that covers the entire EMT curriculum in 18 days or less. The smaller class size allows you maximum practice time with our experienced instructors. Our program consists of 140 hours of classroom and skill training, and the opportunity to participate in a variety of educational opportunities. This program exceeds the US DOT/DPH/OEMS guidelines.
Upon completion of our course you will receive 5 additional certifications on your Course Completion Certificate. Those 5 certifications are:
- CPR (HeartCode BLS)- This course for healthcare professionals teaches you to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR to victims of all ages, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
- Glucometer- This medical device is used to determine the approximate concentration of glucose in the blood. EMT’s will use this information to draw a small drop of blood, obtained by pricking the skin with a lancet, then placed on a disposable test strip that the meter reads and uses to calculate the blood glucose level.
- BLS Advanced Airway/Intubation Assistance- This lifesaving procedure helps unconscious patient’s breath. You, as a student will learn how to perform an tracheal intubation.
- Bloodborne Pathogens- Bloodborne Pathogen training addresses the federal OSHA “Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens” standard (29 CFR 1910.1030) which prescribes safeguards to protect workers against the health hazards from exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials and to reduce their risk from this exposure.
- Narcan Training- When a person is overdosing on an opioid, breathing can slow down or stop and it can very hard to wake them from this state. Narcan™ is a prescription medicine that blocks the effects of opioids and reverses an overdose.
- Nebulizer- is a drug delivery device used to administer medication in the form of a mist inhaled into the lungs. These are commonly used for the treatment of cystic fibrosis, asthma, COPD and other respiratory diseases.
Course Details, Dates and Pricing
Class meets five days a week (Monday through Friday), from 9am to 5pm.
Class Location: Carver Campus 90 Main St. Carver, MA 02330
COVID UPDATE: Currently, we are following MA DPH guidelines and not offering in class didactic training. This course has been updated to meet requirements and will be administered as a blended learning course. This is temporary, classes into 2021 may not be affected so please chat with an admissions specialist when enrolling to receive up to date information.
Course Materials: Textbook- Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured by Pollack. ISBN: 978-1284080179. The uniform is NOT included in the course fee. To purchase a uniform visit the “student uniform” tab on the right. Student Polo, EMT pants, & the student tools kit are required for the course.
Students beginning classes after August 16th, 2021, will be using the 12th Edition of Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured.
EMT Boot Camp Course Date(s)
|START MONTH||COURSE DATES||LOCATION||COURSE TYPE||NAME||PRICE||SEATS LEFT|
|OCTOBER 2021||10/12-11/4||CARVER||EMT||18 DAY BOOT CAMP||$2200||6|
|NOVEMBER 2021||11/8-12/3||CARVER||EMT||18 DAY BOOT CAMP||$2200||12|
|DECEMBER 2021||12/6-12/30||CARVER||EMT||18 DAY BOOT CAMP||$2200||20|
Is National EMS Institute Inc. accredited?
I do not live in Massachusetts can I still take the course?
Does National EMS Institute Inc. offer Housing to Students?
Where can we do Laundry?
Do you have a shuttle service?
Why do we need to wear a uniform?
Do I need to be CPR Certified before signing up for the course?
What does 100% job placement assistance mean?
When do I take my state exams?
National EMS Institute offers in-house payment plans can be set up at our main campus or by calling our office or, call an enrollment specialist for more information. 1-800-497-6732