Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) provider training is geared towards advanced medical professionals who want to enhance their cardiovascular childcare scope. This course is designed by the American Heart Association. PALS aims to improve outcomes for pediatric patients by better preparing EMS personnel to effectively recognize and intervene in patients with respirtory emergencies, shock and cardiopulmonary arrest.
What does this course teach?
- High-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Differentiation between patients who do require and do not require immediate interventions
- Performance as a high-performance team member
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and respiratory failure
- Management of respiratory distress and respiratory failure
- Differentiation between compensated and hypotensive (decompensated) shock
- Differentiation between types of shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Bradycardic and tachycardia rhythms
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Cardiac arrest and post-cardiac arrest management
Healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how or want to advance their cardiovascular life support skills for pediatric patients in a wide variety of in- hospital and pre-hospital settings.
Book is not included for this course. Please visit Vantage Point Tactical to purchase.
|START MONTH||COURSE DATES||LOCATION||NAME||PRICE||TIME|
|JUNE 2021||6/28-6/29||BANGOR, ME||PALS||$245||9AM-5PM|
|AUGUST 2021||8/23-/24||BANGOR, ME||PALS||$245||9AM-5PM|
|OCTOBER 2021||10/25-10/26||BANGOR, ME||PALS||$245||9AM-5PM|
National EMS Institute is State accredited through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Office of Emergency Medical Technicians and the State of Rhode Island Department of Public Health. NEI hosts nationally accredited training courses through the NREMT. National EMS Institute, Inc. reserves the right to change course times and locations to serve our students better.